I've been working hard on the "roses" piece, to whit:
I'm now ready to re-consider the "grid" portion. I wasn't sure that there was enough balance using only thread to stitch onto the surface, so this morning I tried a different tack: creating a thread grid sample with water-soluble fabric:
|Grid stitched on Fabri-Solvy (R) - before dissolving|
Nope. Even though this is just a sample (not secured) I can tell it's not what I want. It's too wobbly, too 'all over', too imprecise, compared to the black applique squares I've sampled -- as in this photo, taken before I finished applying all the roses.
Next step: re-audition fabric squares.
Back to work -- but before I go, I'm linking this with Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday. :-) My next check-in will be Monday (God willing); have a great weekend!
*Whoo-hoo! Not only was I able to share this with you, but I was able to re-size the file so it wouldn't be too large to upload/download/share in an e-mail/store efficiently on my memory stick!