Still, Anni's article piqued my interest, so I thought I'd give it a go -- try to play for a change. So...I dug out some batting, some light-weight backing, some neutral scraps of fabric and some tea bag papers. And bonding powder, because I'd not "played" with it in ages, and was running low on fusible web. After all, I was just making a background, for pity's sake -- just as she was suggesting in her article, "Fabric Collage: New Beginnings" (p. 96 in the magazine).
|About 2/3 there!|
*I discovered I'm farther ahead than I thought! Here's what Clue #3 -- now finished -- looked like in process!
|Pattern: DROPS 114-4-a - Alpine Twist|
Yarn: Berroco Vintage DK in Cracked Pepper
Shown here before washing & blocking
|Pattern: Braided Cabled Ear Warmer|
Yarn: Red Heart "Heat Wave" in the "Passport"
The "Heat Wave" yarn was give me by a friend last summer. I'm trying not to work with 100% acrylic...but thought this was worth trying out. It's soft and much nicer than any Red Heart worsted I've used before. AND it's supposed to "warm up" in the outdoors -- even if it's cloudy. My daughter was willing to try it out -- and this weekend will provide the perfect opportunity! The Deep Freeze has moved east, so in our more moderate winter temps, she's planning some hiking photography out in the mountains...and will report back on the quality of the respective "ear warmers". Stay tuned!