The time has flown, what with work at The Shop, and buying a new car, and making new work for the up-coming Art Show & Sale in Lacombe (April 21-22).
With that video I proved to myself that I could actually do a demo about something -- so I quickly asked if there were still a slot open for one at the Art Show and -- YES! I'll be doing that same wee mono-printing demo there on Friday, April 21 at 3 p.m. They'll give me an extra table on which to work, and I'll have access to the janitor's work room and sink for cleaning up. All I need to supply is something to protect the table, and my mono-printing supplies. The great thing is that I'll have at least four minis done with that technique, plus the one large piece I did last year for my 15 x 15 Group.
These new ones include two of the birds-and-beads pieces that people really seem to like...
|"Town Hall Meeting" - 2017|
|"Family Reunion" - 2017|
And a couple of new ones based on a photo I took of the sky in September...sometime...and can't locate (at least at the moment!)
|"Golden Autumn" - 2017|
|"Spring Greens" - 2017|
Yes...the branches of those are mono-printed before stitching and yes -- they've been framed! My manager at The Shop had taken them out of inventory because they'd been there for ages and not sold; she gave me a good price...and I bought several. The two pieces above have mats and glass. The one below does not:
|"January Moon-set" - 2017|
Also in the "something new" category of minis this year are these two, that I finished this morning...and as I want to make at least two more pieces, there may be more in this vein...
"Spring Rising" is felted onto a square of recycled wool blanket that had been washed (and therefore lightly felted) before using. Not wanting to put them under glass, I searched the internet for mounting ideas and settled on one: I marked a hole in the mat under each corner of the given piece, and punched it out with an aul. I then ran embroidery floss through the hole into the back of the piece and out to the back, and tied it there in a double knot. I further secured each knot with artist's tape, thus:
I really enjoyed the process, and hope that others will like them enough to take them home. Meanwhile, I have a few more minis to make, and some sleeves to attache to larger pieces...so I'm going off to link this to WIP Wednesday at The Needle and Thread Network.
Have a great rest of the week!
Beautiful work, Marg. You've been very busy.
Post a Comment