Friday, November 23, 2012

Day's End


And it's quilted -- shown here on my design wall, trimmed up. Now to decide...narrow binding (mitred corners) or facing?  Hmm....Time to let it percolate for a bit -- over the weekend, at the very least.  And while I add the hand stitching.  Perhaps then it will tell me how it wants to be finished.  Oh, and the working title?  "Trio".  :-)

Here are a couple of close-ups for those who are interested.  First, the green grassy area:


I'm really pleased with the way this turned out.  I was going for a pattern that evokes blades of grass.

Next, the brown area -- soil, perhaps, but based on the photos, dead grasses:


Both the green and the brown will now be embellished by hand stitching.

After a few hours break, I was back at it again -- with the first clue for "Easy Street"...and managed to put together 28 four-patches (so far).  The full-sized quilt calls for 192!  I have plenty of the tan print, but we'll see how long the blue holds up.  Who'd-a thunk such disparate prints would play together so nicely?


It's early, but I'm going to crawl into my bed with a cuppa and my book.  G'night all!

5 comments:

elle said...

Ah, the sampling has paid off!

Mary said...

Love the birches, I almost feel I can reach out and touch them. I see you do a binder also, I started after I printed out some of the Orca Bay instructions three times.

Nancy said...

Love those colors together. I look forward to seeing how your quilt progresses.

Nancy in Sunny SC

Frances said...

A binder for Easy Street - why did I not think of that. Thanks for sharing your progress.

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

I love seeing what everyone has pulled out for the background and their choice for constant! Thank you for sharing yours, Sharyn