I don't often post two weeks in a row, but I've been thinking. I do a lot of that (thinking, that is). My mother used to tell me I did too much of it, and that it might cause problems for me as I got older. She was right about that -- at least some of the time.
The talking to myself (which is not to be confused with "self talk") has continued, as it gets me from one day to the next. I've come to realize that some days are filled with "BIG" things -- a long list of errands requiring dressing up and going into town -- and others, not so much.
But this week it was the little things that made me happiest:
- Mailing those small socks off to a little boy in Ontario;
- Going for a walk -- or two -- almost every day;
- Pruning the dead "blossoms" off my budding lilacs so they can focus on the buds and not the old stuff;
- Starting up my new compost bin;
- Swapping the winter floor mats in my car for the summer ones, vacuuming out the car and polishing up the interior;
- Sweeping the dust, dirt, spilled bird seed and dead leaves from the garage floor -- much of which ended up as a layer in the new composter;
- Sweeping the cobwebs from around the inside of my rolling garage door, and oiling all the bits and bobs to make sure it runs smoothly;
- Adding another square or two (or three) each day to the slowly evolving mitred-square "something" that I've been making from left-over sock yarn;
- Putting together several rows of QAYG (Quilt As You Go) blocks;
- Continuing to sift and sort through drawers, boxes, books, patterns; and
- A bit more stitching on "My To Do List" ...
|Spring Run-off (c) 2021|
Whole cloth, thread painted, 6" x 8" before matting
Matted in white by SAQA
You can view all the auction pieces at the link above; bidding is open through April 25 -- when the various tables close at staggered intervals.
- Pieces are exhibited alphabetically by FIRST NAME of the artist (so you'll find mine in the "M" section; and
- All prices are in USD and shipping to US or Canadian addresses is $15 USD -- not sure if that's per piece, so check it out carefully!!