The book of the same name, to accompany the exhibit, is now available on Blurb.com; it's bright red cover is grinning at you from the side bar! Click that link -- the picture of the book -- and you'll receive a preview of the first dozen or so pages. I received word this a.m. from a Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA) colleague in Texas that she's already ordered her copy! What a way to start the Labour Day weekend -- I'm over the moon!
Meanwhile, the good folks at the City of Lacombe are working on posters etc. for publicity. They've received my head shots (thanks again to my sweet daughter, Gina, whose photography skills are stupendous!) and soon I'll have more information about the time of the Artist's Reception, scheduled almost a week into the show, on October 26.
Here's where I stand on the checklist:
- Quilt the background for Mark on the Body now that the hand-stitching is finished, and prepare it for hanging; Done! - Pinned for sleeve; pinned for stitching to finish edges. - Sept. 5. Sampling done for 'syringe fringe' - Sept. 7.
- Assemble MOB II squares in a mobile;
- Finish knitting the ninth and last stump sock for MOB III;
Put into final form the draft of my book for the MOB installation, and publish it; Approve and select final head shots for MOB publicity;
- Order post-cards for MOB. Draft done; proof sent to mentor for review; Ordered! - Sept. 7
- Design and create the next piece for 15 x 15 Group, with the theme, "Botanicals". Photos printed for tracing, inspiration;
- Finish a commission knit hat and start on another knitting commission (more hats);
- Work on three baby gifts (two knitted, one cross-stitch). One baby (boy) born -- need to speed up knitting on blanket!
- Work extra days for The Shop, at two out-of-town Creative Stitches and Crafting Alive! shows -- one in Edmonton and one in Calgary.
I'd say with the work on this book, I seem to have been channelling writers of memoir -- perhaps Joan Didion, who, like me, was widowed, and whose book, The Year of Magical Thinking, was an immense comfort...but in truth, I'm not in her league!
Who are you "channelling" this week? Who's inspiring you to keep making your mark with art?
Something to ponder as we move into the weekend...Onward and upward!