We had to submit several images this month.
- A proposed colour scheme and it's inspirational source.
- I chose a watercolour collage done by my former watercolour/drawing teacher, Sharon Lynn Williams of Calgary. I bought it at an art show/sale there about a decade ago (it's untitled):
- Here it is with the fabric I bought (see Part I).
- From there we had to categorize our colour selection (this was really tough):
- Main colour: blue-green
- Secondary colour: peach
- Accent: red-brown
- Proposed neutrals: beige/tan (not shown)
- Sketches -- even tougher...
- First, a colouring of one of my sketches from the January project. I wasn't satisfied with this; the watercolour pencils didn't do justice to the fabric colours or my idea.
- So...I made a new sketch -- watercolour only. You can see the hint of the fence in the lower left corner. I thought about putting it in...then tried to eliminate it...:
So...all have been sent off to EB, and await her feedback.
While I wait, I'm linking up with The Needle and Thread Network for WIP Wednesday. Why don't you join me to see what other Canadian fabri-holics have been up to? :-)