|Stephanie Pearl McPhee -- The Yarn Harlot|
One of my Very Favourite People celebrated a Blog Anniversary yesterday -- 11 years since she "cast on" in "Fibre Space" (with apologies to arlee)...
In the above photo, she's knitting on the ribbing of a sock I made for my daughter's friend P -- a Christmas 2014 commission. The location? The Hilton Doubletree Edmonton (formerly the Mayfield Inn). The event? "Comedy Night" -- the Friday night opener of the "Stix in the City" weekend event back in October 2014, sponsored by River City Yarns.
It was a "bucket list" moment for me...and one in
But without that first connection...
Happy Blog Anniversary, Steph -- and many more!
- I'd have missed all the glorious books about knitting and knitters;
- I'd never have laughed so long and so well;
- I'd not found someone who so deeply understands what it is to be
- Canadian; and (simultaneously)
- A knitter...
P.S. Thanks to Joe and 'The Girls' for enabling you to enable us all these years... ;-)
P.P.S. What would a knitting blog anniversary be without some YARN?
I have three (count 'em) lace weight yarn prizes to give away on a random basis:
- One skein of Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Lace - 100% Baby Alpaca - 800 m..847 yards in colour #21 (Lavender Blue);
- One skein of Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Lace - 100% Baby Alpaca - 800 m..847 yards in colour #03 (green mix);
- And two skeins of Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud lace weight yarn:
- One 440 yards in CA07 - pearl grey; and
- One 440 yards in C740 - green mix.
So...If you are a knitter -- or you know a knitter that would like to have any one of these three lacy prizes...Please post a comment on the blog saying so, sometime between NOW (i.e. Saturday, January 24, 2015 at almost noon Mountain Standard Time) and midnight wherever you are on Saturday, January 31, 2015. Three winners will be chosen by a random number drawing process when I get up on Sunday, February 1.