My cyber-friend and colleague, Wil, tagged me this morning! You can visit her blog -- "Wil's Art" -- HERE. Thank you, Wil! I'm flattered!
Ah, but all fame comes with a price, doesn't it! (GRIN) Here's what I have to do to validate my award:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate
4.Choose 11 blogs with less than 200 followers and link them in your post.
So here goes...
11 Random Things About Myself:
- Though I'm not a particularly picky eater, I don't like fish, especially salmon.
- I love to take long walks alone around my wee hamlet.
- For those interested in astrology, I'm a Virgo. My birthday, September 8, is also remembered in the Church as the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Hmmm...
- I love to read, especially cozy mysteries and memoir.
- Between January 2011 and September 2012, I lost 22 pounds -- and I have no intention of finding them again!
- My favourite beverages are dark-roasted black coffee, red wine, and scotch -- neat or with a wee bit of ice.
- If I had a money tree, I would travel to the SAQA conference every year.
- The only place I'd want to live (outside of Canada) is Scotland.
- I have three stashes -- fabric, fibre and (embroidery) floss/kits. I have to live another 100 years or so to use them up!
- I've been wearing glasses since I was nine years old; can't see a foot in front of my face without 'em.
- Aside from the aforementioned beverages, I could live on bread, cheese, peanut butter and tomato salad (tomatoes, green peppers, cucumber, celery, feta cheese, dill -- dressed with garlic/olive oil/cider vinegar/Dijon mustard.)
And here are Wil's questions for her nominees:
1. If you could live somewhere else, where would that be?
Gosh -- I mentioned that above! Scotland -- Mull, Skye, or the West Highlands, near the origin of my father's family (Kilsyth).
2. What is your favorite memory?
The cruise to Alaska I took with my late husband for our 30th wedding anniversary in the summer of 2005.
3. What do you collect?
Books, fabric, yarn, stitchery supplies.
4. Which musician did you 'discover' the last year?
I didn't. I've been following the same ones for years now.
5. Is there something you would do differently? And if so, what?
If I could, I'd be more easy-going and impulsive. As it is, the very thought of that gives me the heebee-jeebees!
6. Who is your favorite author?
Can I have more than one? In mystery, I've read everything by Louise Penny, Eric Wright, P.D. James and (I think) Agatha Christie. I also enjoy much of Peter Robinson and Deborah Crombie. In memoir, I've read and re-read Helene Hanff.
7. Which country do you want to visit again?
Easy. Scotland. I'm saving for a trip there for my 65th birthday (2017).
8. What is your weakness?
I tend to over-analyze just about everything.
9. What do you detest?
Foul language, lack of common sense, lack of common courtesy.
10. What is your favorite art tool?
11. What is your favorite pet?
My cats. I've owned several and currently have two -- an 11-year-old grumpy male and an 8 1/2-month old female (both neutered).
And finally...11 Blogs I enjoy...currently with fewer than 200 followers:
- Susan Being Snippy - I met Susan in the blog-o-sphere through the Canadian website, The Needle and Thread Network. You might check that out too!
- Suzanna's Mostly Threads - A multifacetted fibre artist, she does wonderful things with felting.
- "Scraphappy" at soscrappy - a young mom who lives in Florida with her busy family, and who's into tiny, tiny, tiny piecing -- something that's long fascinated me, but which I don't do well.
- Shirley at stitches and Life, who lives in Australia, and often shows photos of the most delectable flowers while up north we're deep in snow.
- Carolyn from Ontario -- another TNTN colleague -- who renders flowers in fabric and thread with great skill over at Arty Stuff.
- My friend and SAQA colleague, artist Kathie Briggs, whose work with trees inspires me - at 45 Degrees North.
- Pat at Altering Thoughts - a mixed-media artist living in the UK, who visits their great museums and galleries and shares the experience.
- Another SAQA friend, Judy Warner at Explorations in Quilting and Life; she's inspired by her travels, resulting in pieces that are unusual and unexpected. She's pretty busy right now, so even though I am 'tagging' her, I think she can be forgiven for not following all the "rules" of the competition...at least, not in a hurry!
- Gillian Cooper at Crafting a Life -- another talented UK artist (Scotland this time), trying to fit her work in and around her young family.
- Rhoda Forbes of aRt by Rhoda Forbes, including patterns, hand-dyed fabric and more!
- Cathy Tomm from Leduc, Alberta -- long-armer and fabric dyer and agility dog owner...at Cathy Tomm Quilts.
Each is an artist in her own right...so make a cuppa and sit down to enjoy the list!
Well, Margaret I am not sure if I should thank you or curse you for passing this award onto me! Is this like those Chain letters people used to send before there was an internet? Well, I shall try to post my responses in the next few days... Today in my 'thankful journal' I was writing a list of things that make me happy and it will surely help me with this post!
Post a Comment