This afternoon I finished the Clue #5 blocks for the Easy Street Mystery quilt...3 1/2" squares that (as Bonnie has already suggested) actually resemble little houses:
|Fun with purple and hot pink!|
Last week I completed Clue #4, but because I was "RemEMBERing" and away from the blog, I didn't show you this.
|Top row: Clue #3; bottom row: Clue #4.|
And for those of you who may have been curious about the Christmas gifts I couldn't show earlier, here's the gallery of Finished Projects:
- For my daughter: "Avocato" from the series Garden Patch Cats by Helene Knott, which I bought as a kit at the Red Deer Quilt Show last June. The colours match Gina's kitchen, and she loves both cats (has 2) and avocados, so I took a chance she'd like this. She did!
- For my son, "Torii Gate" designed by Catilleja Cotton, from a kit I bought at the Wetaskiwin Quilt Show last spring:
- For my daughter, a pair of socks in predominately red self-striping yarn, to replace a pair that she's just about worn out:
- For my son and for my nephew, a pair each from the same yarn -- finger-less mittens:
- For my nephew's girlfriend, a long skinny scarf:
|Noro 'Kureyon' - Box Stitch pattern|
And that's what's been keeping me out of trouble in the weeks before Christmas. That -- and the completion of my Final Assessment Piece for C&G. But that's another post altogether!
Linking this belatedly to Quiltville's Mystery Monday link-up for December 24th!
Great projects - you've been busy! I love hand made socks and it's fun to knit them in variegated yarn. Your units for the mystery look great. I hope we start joining them together this week.
Avocato -- how cute -- and with a name that just make you smile. So many fun Christmas projects, and caught up with Easy Street as well -- way to go!
Your Easy St colours look terrific!
Your box is a beauty. Love your "little house" blocks title for EZ Street. Wish I knew how to knit. I'm drooling with envy looking at your knitted projects! Happy New Year
Beautiful, beautiful gifts! I love Avacato kitty. Your houses immediately set in my head John Mellencamps tune "little pink houses for you and me", now it's in my head for the day!
Post a Comment