Believe it or not, this was significant progress. I decided that one last push through today would do the trick. Now the day is over, and I made it! Yes, I still have a couple of baskets of scraps to press, cut and categorize into strips, bricks and/or squares:
Once they're cut and pressed, the blocks and bricks will get put into these labelled baggies:
The strips will be stacked with these, ready to use in a "string quilt" not unlike the one in Bonnie's Primer.
In the process of sifting and sorting, I found I had an abundance of black-and-white scraps, and blue-and-purple scraps, so I'm thinking I might even get two 'stringy' tops out of 'em -- one in B&W (with a shot of red here and there) and one in blues/purples/blue-greens. I saw material I hadn't seen in ages, and even remembered what I did with some of it!
Now it's time to put my feet up with a cuppa decaf and my current mystery, Maggie Sefton's Unraveled. I think it's the latest in the series, and when I've finished it, I'll have read them all. Ms. Sefton's books fall into what I'd call 'cozy' mysteries -- no gratuitous violence, lots of use of brain-power to solve the mystery, and a bit of humour and romance for added fun. Perfect after a day largely spent on my feet at cutting table and ironing board!