And if you read this blog regularly, you'll notice I've begun to play around with it. I'll admit that part of this is a combination of cabin fever and procrastination...but I'm also seriously in search of a way to be more economical with both time and $$$.
Here's what's lined up inside my head:
- My website subscription is up March 1.
- I've been thinking it would make life both simpler and easier if I combined my web art site with my blog.
- I've had my blog for years (2003? 2004?) and am most comfortable using it.
- I still have lots to learn about maximizing my blog's potential.
- I think textile art is best sold where it can be seen "up close and personal" and yes, sometimes touched.
- I'm finding more venues for showing (and selling) my art -- some even close to home.
- I am a slow maker of one-of-a-kind pieces, not a producer of 'product'. Mass marketing isn't comfortable for me.
- I like a conversational, personal approach to online communication.
- I'm still The Lady Who Knits on the Bus -- or plane, or train, or on foot.
So please be patient with me if you stumble across the blog and it looks a bit different again. I'm still at the party, but I'm looking for something up-dated to wear.