This exhibit is showing in the Feature Gallery at the Alberta Craft Council through March 25th: a response to the Alberta governments cut of $5 million in 2009.
Since 2005, the ACC has organized:
- 79 exhibitions in Edmonton and Calgary;
- 5 touriing exhibitions seen in more than 100 rural communities;
- 9 exhibitions elsewhere in Canada;
- 4 exhibitions in the United States and South Korea.
I am a new member of the ACC, and a budding artist. Currently I'm working on a piece for submission to an upcoming juried ACC show. I am funding my work from a small pension and the cash I gleaned from the sale of my Calgary home, along with a supply of materials I amassed while working for over 30 years in the financial sector in Calgary. My membership in the ACC will bring my work to light, for the enjoyment of all who value textiles as an art medium.
My son is a talented actor.
My daughter is a talented photographer.
We all support the arts. Do you?
To urge our Provincial Government to restore funding to the Alberta Foundation for the Arts (which, in turn, funds our Craft Council and other artistic activities in the Province), contact:
- Premier Ed Stelmach
- Lindsay Blackett, Minister of Culture and Community Spirit
- and/or your Local MLA