Face it, I'm determined that this year has to be far better than last. So there!
To be sure that I stick to my knitting, as it were, I have joined Martheme's UFO Knit-along. I have the following to finish this month:
- A cotton tank top for which the pieces have been lying around for a couple of years. All I have to do is sew it up. I'm not sure I like it any more; it will be given away;
- A pair of cable-and-rib socks in grey Scheepjes wool, destined for a friend who asked me to make them for a friend of hers. I'm on the foot of Sock #1.
- An Aran-style toque in navy; this is a kid's hat, from my CKS (Charity Knitting Stash).
In the months to follow, I vow to finish:
- My Shetland Shawl from The Best of Knitter's Shawls and Scarves;
- A not-so-cropped cable jacket from a 2005 issue of VK;
- A cardi in Debbie Bliss Ashtrakan -- cherry red -- for me to wear travelling in May (more on that later);
- A fuschia cotton bolero from the cover of a 2005 issue of the BritKnit magazine, Simply Knitting; and
- A royal blue cotton version of Sally Melville's garter stitch tunic from The Knit Stitch.
Ahem. That ought to take me a good portion of the rest of this year, especially if it intersperse it with charity bits and bobs!
Are you in? On your mark! Get set! KNIT!!